Yes, I know I said the other day that I would struggle to handle nominating more good folk for a blog award. However, thanks to the very kind and generous Jill London, I am now the proud owner of the much coveted Liebster Blog Award. Yes, it really is coveted, by me and many others, though I couldn’t explain why – because I don’t know! So, reader, just accept that I can be covetous, though it’s extremely rare.
I guess I should now relate the Rules, as set down by Jill. These Rules are a modification of others, because Jill received a staggering seven awards in a very short space of time, and more are rolling in.
1. Answer the 10 random questions or those of your own choosing.
2. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award and link their blog sites.
3. Notify the bloggers of their award.
4. Ask the award winners to answer the 10 questions when they accept their Award.
1. Do you have a goal in life? Not any more. I can’t kick a ball, let alone score a goal! Oh… you mean seriously? Ah, well, I’d like to see my kids and grandkids all happy and comfortably off.
2. City or countryside? I hate cities with a passion! I hate big towns, for that matter. I love the countryside and would much rather be there than anywhere.
3. What was the last word you looked up in the dictionary? I have absolutely no idea. I rarely ever use a dictionary, to be honest.
4. If you had a time machine where would you go? That’s a tough one. I can’t think of any time in the past that truly appeals, and the way things are going makes the future look anything but rosy!
5. Pirate or Vampires? Most definitely.
6. Are you an easily satisfied person or you do you keep working to obtain something? I satisfy easily in most things.
7. Sweet or savoury? Savoury usually, but avoiding anything too spicy. A good pie or pudding will please me any day!
8. Do you believe in Karma? I like to, but there are times I’m left wondering.
9. What’s your favourite comedy film? I’m not much of a comedy watcher, to be honest. I find most of them lack subtlety. If pressed, I guess I’d have to choose The Ladykillers.
10. Fantasy or sci-fi? Now that depends on definition, really. There are a lot of books being lumped in under Fantasy that, to me, have absolutely nothing to do with the genre. Science Fiction has also been plagued with an overabundance of the ‘horror’ variety. I love Epic/Heroic Fantasy (like The Lord of the Rings) and I have a real love of some science fiction. I don’t really think I could choose one over another, though. It’d be like choosing oranges over bananas…
Now for the Super 10 Bloggers:
1. Micki Peluso is the author of And the Whippoorwill Sang as well as a blogger of note, through her blog A Writer’s Journey.
2. Aloi, aka the Guiltless Reader, runs a delightful blog reviewing books and ‘bookish gadgets’.
3. Here, I quote Erica Verrillo, of Publishing… and Other Forms of Insanity:
Erica Verrillo has written seven books and published five. She doesn’t know why anyone with an ounce of self-preservation would ever want to publish. But, if you insist on selling your soul to the devil, learn how to do it right: marketing, literary agents, book contracts, book promotion, editors, rejections, pitching your book, how to get reviews, and … most important of all … everything she did wrong.
4. Passive Guy writes a blog that brings a range of stories from the news, often fascinating, sometimes frightening, and normally related to our world of books and publishing.
6. Sienna Logan gives us Lost To Books, which is packed with book reviews and a great deal more book goodies!
7. Brandi Salazar writes poetry, short stories and novels, and has done since an early age. I love the name of her books blog: Twisting Minds One Word At A Time.
8. Billie A. Zahir aka “The Eye”, whose blog tagline is “Being perfectly imperfect is a great person to be”. Billie is a gifted poet.
9. Fantasy writer Victoria Grefer generously brings us Creative Writing with the Crimson League, Creative Writing Tips and Authorial Support.
and last but by no means least
10. Random Acts of Writing from White Raven is “a blog of reflection, wonder, challenge and journey!”